Krasse Tea Towel - Ekelund
Krasse Tea Towel - Ekelund
- Available for pickup at ASI
- In stock, ready to ship
Eklund tea towels are a great solution to skipping the paper towels and supporting your planet. Great for kitchen clean up, drying your dishes and hands, and when not in use ~ makes a fun decoration showing off your personal style.
Size: 35 x 50 cm/14 x 20 in
Material: 100% organic GOTS-certified cotton of the highest quality. [GOTS-certified ensures environmental production that meets social criteria].
About the Swedish manufacturer:
Ekelund is a Swedish textile manufacturer that was founded in 1692 and is 100% owned to this day by the family. The company is located in Horred on the Swedish west coast. Eklund products are produced under Ekelund's full control in Horred, standing for quality, sustainability and renewed tradition. Ekelund believes combining their values with a contemporary expression and products that are 'right in time', makes it a natural fit in people's everyday lives.
At ASI we particularly admire Ekelund's commitment to environmentally responsible manufacturing. Ekelund has taken multiple steps to ensure their products are made conscientiously with sustainable practices and high quality materials. If you are a consumer who shops with our planet in mind, you are not alone ~ taking care of the planet is of the utmost importance to this Swedish Company. Note in particular:
- 100% natural fibers are used by Eklund. This means GOTS Certified. cotton (the world’s leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibres) and linen from the finest flax in the world grown in Belgium and France.
- Eco-friendly energy. Ekelund purchases “green electricity” from solar, wind or water power generation to power their offices and manufacturing facility.
- Effective Lighting. Eklund is invested in their staff's well-being, especially during the long dark winter months in Sweden, investing in the best light available for them to work under. In addition, Ekelund uses movement sensitive switches where appropriate in its facility to assure that no light is left on when it is not needed.
- Water consumption. Eklund collects the rain water from their roof into a basin in their basement for reuse.
- Heating. Eklund started their own central heating plant which utilizes bio-fuel grown in the area. This heating facility produces most of the heat needed by the village of Horred through underground distribution. Their ECO certified forest re-grows in a pace well within their needs for local heat distribution.
- Cooling. For the limited time Eklund needs air conditioning, they mostly use Geothermal cooling.